All healthy men between the ages of 18 and 40 are eligible to apply to become sperm donors at Seattle Sperm Bank. All of our donors are carefully screened based on a wide range of physical and psychological parameters.
Along with these important tests, potential donors also get a complete physical exam from a medical professional that includes a color vision test and full genital exam. As an extra benefit, donors qualify for two physical exams per year as long as they remain an active donor. But even after you retire from the program, you remain eligible for a free annual physical exam at our clinic. It’s all part of Seattle Sperm Bank’s excellent compensation deal.
Below are the steps to becoming a sperm donor.
1. First, fill out and submit our Online Sperm Donor Application.
2. Shortly after submitting this you will receive an e-mail from our personnel where the next steps to becoming a donor will be described. Among other things we will need you to submit a sperm sample for testing.
3. This test sample will be analyzed and our personnel will notify you of the results. This initial sample is destroyed after the analysis and you will not receive financial compensation for submitting this sample.
4. After the initial approval, potential donors undergo a rigorous health screening and physical exam by one of our doctors that includes taking blood and urine samples. You also complete a comprehensive questionnaire regarding your family medical history, and do genetic testing that provides insights into your medical background that you may not know about otherwise.
5. After passing the physical exam and various medical tests, you can then begin giving donations and receiving your payments. You will receive $70 for each approved donation. You get $50 in cash upon delivering the sample, and the remaining $20 is paid in cash when the sample has gone through the final approval. We approve over 90% of the donations that our sperm donors deliver.