Benefits of local pickup at San Diego Sperm Bank
- $50 shipping to San Diego Sperm Bank
- Increased flexibility to pick up your tank
- Save 30-50% per shipment vs. our competitors
How it works
For $50 pickup from San Diego Sperm Bank your order must be placed by noon PST at least three days before your desired pickup date and all required paperwork must be submitted by noon PST (3 pm EST). The vials will be shipped to our San Diego lab and held there until you are ready for pickup. You can pickup between 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. Please note that your order will not be ready for pickup until 4 PM on the specified date of arrival as indicated on your order receipt. This is due to the rate of delivery as guaranteed by FedEx.
Simply call our office to make an order, or place the order online and make sure to select the option for San Diego Lab Self Pick Up. The pickup location is:
San Diego Sperm Bank
8950 Villa La Jolla Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Why Seattle Sperm Bank?
- Superior Customer Service – Seattle Sperm Bank (SSB) offers a personalized customer service experience including free Photo-Matching, assistance with donor selection, and consultations. We know our donors! Every customer will speak to someone who interacts with the donor regularly.
- Advanced Genetic Testing – SSB is the first sperm bank to test ALL NEW DONORS (as of September 2015) with an Extended Genetic Panel Carrier Screen. If you know that you, or your egg donor, are a carrier for conditions not covered by our testing, we do our best to get your donor tested for that condition at a reasonable price. Our website has an advanced search tool where carrier screening results can be used for filtering our available donors. Read more HERE.
- Price – SSB now offers free shipping to the California Fertility Partners. Compared to other sperm banks, our per-vial cost, shipping and extended donor information can save patients 30-50%. See more details HERE.
- Superior Vial Quality – The SSB lab staff prides themselves on creating the best quality vials. We have not received a single vial quality complaint from CFP, and our overall vial complaints are less than 0.1% of vials distributed. Read more HERE.
- Donor Counseling – All donors are evaluated by a counselor with a Master’s of Social Work. This interview helps donors understand the full implications of being a donor, including the possibility of future contact from offspring. It gives us the assurance the donors in the our program are safe and sound individuals.
- Criminal Background Checks and Donor Records Verification – SSB conducts criminal background checks and verifies educational transcripts on all donors. SSB was the first sperm bank to perform criminal background checks on all donors. We have run these reports since our lab opened in 2008. Our reasoning for this was to eliminate any potential donors who had a record of criminal activity that demonstrated antisocial or pathological behavior.
- Seattle Sperm Bank Donor SURE-CHECK – SSB’s proprietary SURE-CHECK system is a 5-Step, double-verified, donor identity system. This guarantees the chain of custody for donor identification from beginning to end. Read more HERE.
- Family Limit – We limit SSB donors to creating 25 families in the U.S., and we adhere to country-specific requirements for donors who get distributed internationally.
- SSB Connects – This is Seattle Sperm Bank’s Free Donor Sibling Registry. Our registry has been setup to help facilitate mutually desired contact between families who share a common donor. Read more HERE
Please give us a call at 206-588-1484 M-F 7:30am-6:00pm PT and Sat 9:00am-3:00pm (PT).