WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES SEATTLE SPERM BANK GATHER?
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, saving favorites for you, displaying your order history, displaying inventory, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our website.
• E-mail Communications: We send e-mail communications to our customer when they place orders, to follow up on required information and forms for orders, to coordinate delivery of orders, to answer customer inquiries, and to follow up on expired memberships and storage contracts. We send periodic membership emails to our members that can be opted out of at any time by contacting our staff.
• Legal Forms: Seattle Sperm Bank is required to keep certain forms on record for compliance and legal reasons. These forms may be requested as a requirement for the sale, shipment, and use of Donor Sperm.
DOES SEATTLE SPERM BANK SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
• Customer Selected Clinics/Medical Provider: We may be required to coordinate the delivery of product with the Clinic or Medical Provider that you specify as part of the order process.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individual to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivery packages, sending mail, submitting requested laboratory testing, providing marketing assistance, and processing credit card payments. They have access to information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
• You can always choose to not provide information, though it might be needed to complete a purchase or use features on our website, such as Favorite Lists.
• If you do not wish to receive marketing e-mails from us, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to our Do Not Contact list.
• The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies and how to disable cookies, and delete website information stored in your local device cache. If you block cookies from working with the site you might experience some issues with using the site.
USERS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
• Your Rights: You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own Personal Data. Requests should be submitted by contacting us by emailing email@example.com.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
The information that we gather generally can be categorized as either anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous (or sometimes referred to as “aggregate”) information is information that cannot be traced back to a specific individual. This includes website usage, referral, domain and platform information. It also includes each user’s IP address and information from a “cookie,” which is a standard Internet technology that allows us to both store and retrieve information on a user’s system. We use this anonymous information to obtain a better understanding of how visitors use our website and to make decisions on how to improve it. Personally identifiable information is information you provide that lets us know specific facts about you so that we can respond to your requests. This can include your name, address, email address, phone number, payment information and social security number. In each case, we use Your personally identifiable information for the purpose that it is submitted to us, which may include providing it to third parties with whom we have relationships to deliver the products or services you request. We will use Your Information to respond to requests you may make of us, and from time to time, we may refer to Your Information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products and services. We may also use Your Information to contact you and/or provide you with general health information (like information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services. We may also enhance or merge Your Information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT-OUT OPTION
We may use the information that you provide to send you information and materials that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any further information or materials from us, you may opt out by checking the appropriate box on the website. The Seattle Sperm Bank will not share your personal information with a third party for the purpose of solicitation without your prior consent. Any disclosure of personal information to a third party will require those parties adherence to at least equivalent Privacy policies.
ACCOUNT ACCESS AND SECURITY
Online clients of SSB can access their accounts online and update personal information. Clients who purchase directly may contact Client Services at the phone number or the address listed below to update their personal information. Please keep in mind that your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters [and do not disclose your password to anyone]. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Your electronic information is stored on SSB servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use various technologies and procedures (network and data encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our website may contain links to websites that are not operated by The Seattle Sperm Bank. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites nor for any adverse consequences that may result from your interaction with such third party websites.
Phone at: 206.588.1484
The Seattle Sperm Bank / Seattle Sperm Bank
Attention Legal/Privacy Officer
4915 25th Avenue NE #204
Seattle, WA 98105