Seattle Sperm Bank is proud to have a strong genetic counseling team. Our three board-certified genetic counselors, Katherine Hornberger, Danielle Young, and Brynn Persky, have over 2 decades of cumulative expertise in 3rd party reproduction and assisted reproductive technology genetic counseling. They are accompanied by their dedicated genetic counseling assistant, Lupe Martinez.
Genetics is complicated. Our professionals are here to make it easy for you.
The Genetic Counseling team can help with:
- Donor carrier screening compatibility Use our donor search tool to filter donors who have screened negative for the genetic conditions for which you/your egg source are a carrier.
- Genetic consultations Schedule a phone consult to review your or your egg sources’ carrier screening results alongside a sperm donor’s results so you can better understand the benefits and limitations of carrier screening and your reproductive options. Schedule a consultation with a genetic counselor here.
- Request additional genetic testing on a donor (link that text to supplemental testing page)
- Request a PGT-M sample from a donor (link the text to PGTM page
- Questions about a donor’s medical history If you have questions about a donor’s family medical history reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a medical update on your child Do you have a medical update about your donor-conceived child you’d like to share with us? Please do so here. (link to birth reporting)
- Request updated medical records of a donor no longer listed on our site Email us at email@example.com
- Questions about a Medical Update Letter you received As sperm donors and donor conceived people age, they may receive new medical diagnoses. If Seattle Sperm Bank is informed of a medical diagnosis that could significantly impact the health of donor conceived persons, a Medical Update Letter explaining the new medical information will be sent to individuals who purchased vials directly from Seattle Sperm Bank. If you have questions about a Medical Update Letter you received, you can schedule a complimentary consult or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Katherine Hornberger, MS, CGC
Katherine is a board certified and multi-state licensed genetic counselor who supports recipients, donors, and clinics working with Seattle Sperm Bank. Prior to joining Seattle Sperm Bank, Katherine worked for a large IVF center and a preimplantation genetic testing laboratory. Katherine has gone through a fertility journey of her own and hosts a YouTube channel dedicated to explaining genetic concepts in the world of fertility. With years of experience providing genetic counseling to individuals and couples utilizing donor gametes to build their family, she understands the questions and concerns that can arise regarding donors. Katherine holds a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Wisconsin- Madison and a M.S. in Genetic Counseling from the University of Colorado.
Brynn Persky, MS, CGC
Brynn is a board certified and multi-state licensed genetic counselor with extensive experience in reproductive and prenatal genetic counseling. Brynn is passionate about the ever-growing field of genetics and finds so much joy in helping people find their path to building a family. Brynn received her Genetic Counseling degree from Northwestern University and holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Danielle Young, MS, CGC
With over a decade of clinical experience supporting patients in their multiple paths to pregnancy, Danielle brings expertise in third party reproduction, preimplantation genetic testing (PGT), in vitro fertilization, and carrier screening interpretation. She is passionate about the psychosocial aspects of her position and is honored to support our generous donors and serve the clients who have entrusted Seattle Sperm Bank with their fertility journey. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of San Diego and a Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from the University of Colorado. Danielle is both board-certified and licensed.
Lupe Martinez, BA and BS, GCA
Guadalupe (Lupe) is the full-time genetic counseling assistant with Seattle Sperm Bank who support the genetic counseling team with coordinating genetic testing and general administrative tasks. Lupe is a first-generation colleague graduate from UC Santa Cruz and holds a B.S in Biology and B.A in Education, Democracy and Justice. Lupe has a special interest in the genetic counseling field. When not working, she enjoys spending time with her cat, baking, and hiking outdoors.