Meet Jethro (9516) – Anonymous Donor.Back to Donor Search
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Light Brown
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight (lbs): 170
- Blood: A Rh+
- CMV: +
- Ethnicity: Caucasian, Polish, Russian, Swiss
- Jewish Ancestry: Yes
- Education/Occupation: B.A. International Studies / Finance Manager
- Live Birth / Pregnancy Confirmed: Yes
- Extended Testing: Yes
- Genetically tested for: View
- Karyotyping: 46, XY
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy: Copy number 2
- Cystic Fibrosis: Non-Carrier for 32 mutations
- Bloom Syndrome: Non-Carrier
- Canavan Disease: Non-Carrier
- Familial Dysautonomia: Non-Carrier
- Fanconi Anemia Type C: Non-Carrier
- Gaucher Disease: Non-Carrier
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type Ia: Non-Carrier
- Mucolipidosis IV: Non-Carrier
- Niemann-Pick Disease Type A: Non-Carrier
- Niemann-Pick Disease Type B: Non-Carrier
- Tay-Sachs Disease (LabCorp): Non-Carrier
Jethro is one of our most happy-go-lucky donors. He always has a huge smile on his face and a skip in his step. He has thick light brown hair and bright green eyes. He keeps in shape by playing soccer and tennis. Jethro dresses fashionably yet comfortably and always has a European flair to his style and demeanor.
Jethro is incredibly well traveled and intelligent. He always sees the glass as half full and lives his life that way. He is very kind, friendly, genuine, and independent. Jethro is also a talented musician and plays several musical instruments including the cello and banjo. This donor marches to the beat of his own drum and wouldn’t have it any other way. We asked Jethro why he wanted to be a donor and he said, “Being a donor to me means the opportunity to provide an individual or a couple unable to conceive traditionally with a small seed of life. Not only do I have the satisfaction of knowing I helped someone, but also the knowledge that my genes will be passed on.” Jethro is a wonderful donor and we highly recommend him!
Over the years, we have expanded our genetic testing of donors as genetic knowledge and technology have advanced. As a result, not all donors have been tested for the same conditions or with the same methods. All donors have undergone genetic testing for Cystic Fibrosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy and Karyotyping. However, many donors have had more extensive testing performed.
This donor has been evaluated for carrier status of the listed conditions. A negative result reduces, but does not eliminate, the likelihood of the donor being a carrier. If you are a known carrier of a genetic condition please contact us, and we will provide a copy of the donor's test reports to your physician and/or genetic counselor.
|Karyotyping||Normal Male Karyoptype, 46XY|
|Fanconi anemia type C||Non-Carrier|
|glycogen storage disease type Ia||Non-Carrier|
|hexosaminidase A deficiency (including Tay-Sachs disease)||Non-Carrier|
|Niemann-Pick disease type A and B||Non-Carrier|
|spinal muscular atrophy||No disease-causing mutations detected (2 copies or more)|