Meet Socrates (10030) – Open ID Donor.Back to Donor Search
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Dark Brown
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight (lbs): 163
- Blood: O Rh+
- CMV: +
- Ethnicity: Mix, Colombian, Italian
- Jewish Ancestry: No
- Education/Occupation: B.S. Chemistry, Med Student / Student, Biochemistry Tutor
- Live Birth / Pregnancy Confirmed: No
- Extended Testing: Yes
- Genetically tested for: View
- Karyotyping: 46, XY
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy: Copy number 2
- Cystic Fibrosis: Non-Carrier for 99 mutations
- ABCC8-related Hyperinsulinism: Non-Carrier
- Alpha Thalassemia: Non-Carrier
- Bloom Syndrome: Non-Carrier
- Canavan Disease: Non-Carrier
- Familial Dysautonomia: Non-Carrier
- Fanconi Anemia Type C: Non-Carrier
- Gaucher Disease: Non-Carrier
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type Ia: Non-Carrier
- Hb Beta Chain-related Hemoglobinopathy (including Beta Thalassemia And Sickle Cell Disease): Non-Carrier
- Hexosaminidase A Deficiency (including Tay-Sachs Disease): Non-Carrier
- Joubert Syndrome 2: Non-Carrier
- Lipoamide Dehydrogenase Deficiency: Non-Carrier
- Maple Syrup Urine Disease Type 1B: Non-Carrier
- Mucolipidosis IV: Non-Carrier
- NEB-related Nemaline Myopathy: Non-Carrier
- Niemann-Pick Disease, SMPD1-associated: Non-Carrier
- Usher Syndrome Type 1F: Non-Carrier
- Usher Syndrome Type 3: Non-Carrier
- Walker-Warburg Syndrome: Non-Carrier
Socrates is a handsome young man with thick, wavy brown hair and matching brown eyes. He has angular facial features and a wide smile with straight white teeth (which was accomplished without the use of braces). Socrates has a medium skin tone with a few freckles across his cheeks and bridge of his nose. He is usually clean shaven and has a muscular build from regular cardio and weight lifting. Socrates is a very handsome, clean-cut donor.
Aside from his good looks, Socrates is also very intelligent. He is currently in medical school and hopes to work not only as a doctor, but also run a business that teaches healthy lifestyle habits. He is incredibly health conscious and is always willing to offer any advice to those who need it. Although he does not have much time for activities outside of school, Socrates was both musical and athletic in his younger days. He is also extremely well-traveled and we believe that all his life experiences have shaped Socrates into an amazing young man and wonderful donor.
Over the years, we have expanded our genetic testing of donors as genetic knowledge and technology have advanced. As a result, not all donors have been tested for the same conditions or with the same methods. All donors have undergone genetic testing for Cystic Fibrosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy and Karyotyping. However, many donors have had more extensive testing performed.
This donor has been evaluated for carrier status of the listed conditions. A negative result reduces, but does not eliminate, the likelihood of the donor being a carrier. If you are a known carrier of a genetic condition please contact us, and we will provide a copy of the donor's test reports to your physician and/or genetic counselor.