Shady Grove Fertility & Seattle Sperm Bank
Benefits of the SGF/ SSB partnership:
- Choose from over 200 highly screened and diverse donors
- FREE shipping to SGF Rockville
- Donors screened using Counsyl Foresight Carrier Screen panel (same panel as currently recommended by SGF)
How it works
For FREE shipping to Rockville, MD, we will ship orders every Monday for delivery the following Wednesday. Your order must be placed by noon PST (3 pm EST) on Monday and the required paperwork must be submitted by noon PST (3 pm EST) to qualify for free shipping.
Simply call our office to make an order, or place the order online and make sure you choose a Wednesday as the delivery rate and enter the address for SGF Rockville:
9601 Blackwell Rd, 4th Floor
Rockville, MD 20850
The checkout system will automatically adjust the shipping cost to $0.
For urgent deliveries, regular shipping costs will apply.
Why Seattle Sperm Bank?
- Superior Customer Service – Seattle Sperm Bank (SSB) offers a personalized customer service experience including free Photo-Matching, assistance with donor selection, in-person consultations and genetic consultations. We know our donors! Every customer will speak to someone who interacts with the donor regularly.
- Advanced Genetic Testing – SSB is the first sperm bank to test ALL NEW DONORS (as of September 2015) with an Extended Genetic Panel Carrier Screen. If you know that you, or your egg donor, are a carrier for conditions not covered by our testing, we do our best to get your donor tested for that condition at a reasonable price. Our website has an advanced search tool where carrier screening results can be used for filtering our available donors. Read more HERE.
- Price – SSB now offers free shipping to SGF Rockville. And compared to other sperm banks, our per-vial cost, shipping and extended donor information can save patients 30-50%. See more details HERE.
- Superior Vial Quality – The SSB lab staff prides themselves on creating the best quality vials. We have not received a single vial quality complaint from SGF, and our overall vial complaints are less than 0.1% of vials distributed. Read more HERE.
- Donor Counseling – All donors are evaluated by a counselor with a Master’s of Social Work. This interview helps donors understand the full implications of being a donor, including the possibility of future contact from offspring. It gives us the assurance the donors in the our program are safe and sound individuals.
- Criminal Background Checks and Donor Records Verification – SSB conducts criminal background checks and verifies educational transcripts on all donors. SSB was the first sperm bank to perform criminal background checks on all donors. We have run these reports since our lab opened in 2008. Our reasoning for this was to eliminate any potential donors who had a record of criminal activity that demonstrated antisocial or pathological behavior.
- Seattle Sperm Bank Donor SURE-CHECK – SSB’s proprietary SURE-CHECK system is a 5-Step, double-verified, donor identity system. This guarantees the chain of custody for donor identification from beginning to end. Read more HERE.
- Family Limit – We limit SSB donors to creating 25 families in the U.S., and we adhere to country-specific requirements for donors who get distributed internationally.
- SSB Connects – This is Seattle Sperm Bank’s Free Donor Sibling Registry. Our registry has been setup to help facilitate mutually desired contact between families who share a common donor. Read more HERE
Please give us a call at 206-588-1484 M-F 7:30am-6:00pm PT and Sat 9:00am-3:00pm (PT).